Health Benefits of Figs(Anjeer):
- (1)Figs are rich in Vitamin B Complex(B Vitamins) and help a lot for metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
- (2)Figs are excellent source of copper anf iron which helps in production of red blood cells.
- (3)Figs contain a good amount of Potassium that help to control heart beat and blood pressure.
- (4)Figs also help a lot to cure constipation.
- (5)High fiber contents in figs prevents reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer.
- (6)Figs are rich in calcium and increase bone density.
- (7)Figs are also helpful in reducing high cholesterol level.
- (8)Vision loss in older people is due to macular degeneration in eyes but this problem can be reduced by consuming figs.
- (9)Figs are considered best to improve sexual stamina. Soak 2-3 figs in milk overnight and eat them in the morning to enhance your sexual power.
- (10)Consuming 2-3 Figs with a glass of milk is an excellent home remedy for underweight persons and help a lot to gain weight.
Nutrients present in 100g Figs(Anjeer) are given below:
Fig fruit (Ficus carica),
Nutrition Value per 100 g.
(Source: USDA National Nutrient data base)
|Total Fat||0.30 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||2.9 g||7%|
|Pantothenic acid||0.300 mg||6%|
|Vitamin A||142 IU||5%|
|Vitamin C||2 mg||3%|
|Vitamin E||0.11 mg||1%|
|Vitamin K||4.7 µg||4%|