10. Light Exercises
11. Aerobic Exercise
Some Precautions and Important Tips
- (i)Women should avoid using any natural, herbal or even home remedies to reduce tummy after delivery, without consulting a doctor. Women who are nursing their babies should ensure that they do not start the weight loss process to early, or their babies could be deprived of the essential nutrients. Exercising too early or too vigorously could also have an adverse effect on the mother's body. Therefore, it is best to consult a gynecologist for advice on how to reduce tummy naturally, after a delivery.
- (ii)If you had a complicated delivery, cesarean or C-section, allow your body to heal before jumping into an exercise routine.
- (iii)If your delivery wasn't complicated, exercising within a few days of your delivery can be done with your physician's approval. If you have a newborn to look after, you'll need plenty of energy. Trying to lose weight too soon after giving birth may delay your recovery and make you feel even more tired. So try to wait until you've had your postnatal check before you lose weight.
- (iv)For your and your baby's good health, you shouldn't aim to be back to your pre-pregnancy weight until about six months after your baby's birth.
- (v)Avoid Stress because tress can cause weight gain. When you are chronically stressed, your body produces a large amount of cortisol to combat that stress. High levels of cortisol can cause your body to direct fat stores to your stomach.So too much stress could cause you to have a bigger tummy.
- (vi)Avoid alcohol, or sugary, fizzy carbonated drinks . Eating the wrong foods can cause you to gain more tummy fat. Sweet and sugary drinks and beer can also cause you to gain more tummy fat.