Facial Masks for Oily Skin
1. Strawberry Mask
Take 4 to 6 properly washed strawberries in a small bowl and use a fork to mash them. Then add a tablespoon of yogurt to it and mix them well. Make a smooth paste and gently apply it on the face evenly. After 15 minutes rinse with cold water.It is considered very helpful to balance your skin oil.
2. Egg White and Avocado Mask
Take an egg white in a bowl and thoroughly beat it. Mash half an avocado such that you get a soft pulp. Now put beaten egg, mashed avocado and a tablespoon of lime in a blender. Mix them well and apply this mixture on the face. After 15 minutes rinse it off. This will you an oil free, smooth and clear skin.
3. Apple and Honey
Take a fresh apple and peel it off, cut it into thin slices. Now blend apple pieces and 3 tablespoons of honey to make a smooth paste. Then gently apply this paste over the face and neck and let it stay for 15 minutes then rinse with water. This mask is also helpful for balancing skin oil and helps in tightening skin pores.
4. Baking Soda Mask
If you suffer from frequent blackheads along with oily skin, you should try this face mask. Make a thick paste with baking soda and water and massage this gently on the entire face. Let it stay for 10 minutes then clean with fresh water.
5. Cucumber and Yogurt Mask
Take a small cucumber piece, one tablespoon of yogurt and a cup of oatmeal. Chop cucumber into small pieces and put it in a blender. Put yogurt and oatmeal also in the blender and mix them well to make a smooth paste. Gently apply this on the face and leave it for 10 minutes and rinse with fresh water. This cleanses the skin pores effectively.
6. Gram flour and Curd Mask
Take two table spoons of gram flour(Besan) and make a paste with curd or yogurt. Yogurt has bleaching agents so clears the complexion. Add a pinch of turmeric powder to it, which helps in reducing the marks caused by acne and pimples. This mask can be used as a scrubber also. Scrub it off from the skin when it half dries. It will not only remove the extra oil but also remove dead skin cells.
7. Tomato, Cucumber and lemon juice Mask
Take tomato juice, cucumber juice and lemon juice. Add a little calamine powder or gram flour(Besan) to it. Make a paste and gently apply it on the skin. when dries then wash off with lukewarm water. It cleanses the skin and adds glow to it. Tomato has toning agents so it helps in toning the open pores caused with oily skin.
8. Honey and Lemon Mask
Make a paste of equal amount of Honey and Lemon juice then gently apply it on the skin. After 15 minutes rinse off with slightly warm water.It will reduces the tan and oil from the skin.
9. Orange Peel and Milk Cream Mask
Dry orange and lemon peels and make a powder. Add rose water and milk cream to it then blend them well and gently apply on skin. When dry then wash off with water .It clears the complexion and makes the skin tone even. It is very useful for treatment of extra oily skin.
10. Gram flour, Turmeric and Sandalwood Mask
Take in a cup half a cup of besan (gram flour), 2 table spoons of turmeric powder, 2 table spoon of sandal wood powder, 2 table spoon of ghee or almond oil, add some water to make a paste. Apply to face and whole body and leave for 5 to10 minutes. Rub with pressure with both palms and fingers to remove all the paste then rinse off with slightly warm water.
Some Precautions and Useful Tips For Facial Masks
- (i) First of all before applying any facial mask clean your face and neck with fresh water.
- (ii) Remove all cosmetics, creams, lotions even everything. For this purpose use a non abrasive and good quality beauty soap. After washing your face, pat your skin dry.
- (iii) It is much better to take a hot shower or a steam bath to clean and open up your pores.
- (iv) Before applying any facial mask first take a Patch Test on little area of your skin and wait for 10 to 15 minutes if it creates itching or allergic effect then immediately remove it from skin and avoid this mask.
- (v) When you have applied the face mask then make sure you take your time to lie down, place a towel under your head and neck. Put 2 cucumber slices on your eyes or use 2 cotton pads soaked in rose or lavender water
- (vi)You shouldn't leave a facial mask on any longer than instructed.After recommended time period immediately remove it from your face.
- (vii) It is best to use a homemade facial mask immediately after you make it. However, if you have extra, you can keep most of these facial masks in the refrigerator for up to a week.But for best results always use freshly prepared facial mask.