Mouth Odor(Bad Breath) or Halitosis is a common problem and often cause self embarrassment. One of the most common reason of mouth odor is that particles of the food that we consume remain in the gaps between teeth. After certain time period these particles result in a bad Mouth odor.While cleaning your Teeth don`t forget to clean your tongue too because bad breath is often associated with bacteria that live in the mouth, particularly on the tongue.Bad breath begins in the mouth, from the surface of the tongue and some times below the surface of the gums.Sometimes a bad odour in the mouth is connected to some kind of problem in the stomach. People who suffer from constipation regularly often also suffer from Bad Breath or foul mouth smell.Some main causes of Bad Breath(Mouth Odor)are given below:
Causes of Bad Breath(Foul Mouth Smell):
- (1)Poor digestion
- (2)Unbrushed teeth
- (3)Gastrointestinal disorders
- (4)Tooth infections
- (5)Gum disease
- (6)Zinc deficiency
- (8)Mouth sores
- (10)Food Particles, particularly those high in protein
Home Remedies For Bad Breath or Mouth Odor:
- (1)Mint leaves are considred best to cure mouth odor and help to fresh up the breath. By chewing mint leaves, particularly after meals, is a very good remedy for bad breath.
- (2)Baking soda is also considered very good for treatmet of foul mouth smell.It changes the pH (acidity) level in your mouth, which results in a less favourable environment for odor-causing bacteria. Use a gargle of baking soda dissolved in warm water It keep your tongue and gums bacteria free.Besides this you can simply add some baking soda onto your toothbrush, brush with it, and then rinse with water. Another option is to purchase toothpastes that already contain a small amount of baking soda.
- (3)Sunflower seeds are also good natural remedy and are particularly good if you chew some seeds after each meal followed by a glass of water.
- (4)Cloves(Long) are a good natural "bad breath" remedy but often people don`t like the taste of cloves but if you do though then go ahead and chew one clove after each meal to reduce your bad breath.
- (5)Tea made from fenugreek(methi) seeds is also a good bad breath home remedy.
- (6)Pineapple juice is also considered great to reduce the smell of bad breath.
- (7)Yoghurt(curd) is very effective way to cure bad breath completely as it contains the good bacteria that your body needs. Eat yoghurt daily for six to seven weeks for best results.
- (8)Squeezing Lemons into water and using as a gargle is also a good natural remedy for treatment of bad breath.. You need to use the gargle frequently and continue to do so until all traces of bad breath have gone.
- (9)Foods that are rich in zinc help to prevent bad breath occurring as they help to keep bacteria under control and prevent them from producing foul smell.
- (10)Apples are a great source of good health and are considered very good for curing bad breath as they act as a purifier for the mouth and remove the bacteria that cause bad breath.
Some Precautions and helpful Tips For Bad Breath(Foul Smell):
- (1)If you have a bad breath problem then it is advisable to brush your teeth after every meal.This habit not only reduce Bad breath but also prevent bad breath.
- (2)While using a mouthwash Never swallow it and always spit out after 10 to 15 seconds.
- (3)Avoid mouth washes containing alcohol as these can dry the mouth and increases bad breath.
- (4)Try to avoid food products that contain white flour and sugar.
- (5)You can drink a variety of fruit juices but avoid drinking coffee or carbonated drinks.