Dry Skin is one of the most common skin problems, experienced by most people.Dry skin is more vulnerable to wrinkles. Although anyone can suffer from excessive dry skin but there are some people who are more prone to it, as compared to others.Problem of dryness is more common in those people who live in cold or dry climates and bath many times a day.Some of the most common causes of dryness are given below:
Home Remedies For Dry Skin:
Causes of Dryness:
- (1)People with habit of bathing or taking a shower several times a day with hot water, are more prone to suffer from dry skin problems.
- (2)Over exposure to sun light can cause severe damage and may also cause dry skin.
- (3)Weather is one of the most common factors leading to dry skin. It is the fact that the skin becomes dry during the winters.
- (4)Besides cold environments People living in very hot climates are also at a risk for skin dryness, if the levels of humidity are low.
- (5)Some harsh chemicals present in antibacterial soaps and deodorants also remove also remove moisture from your skin and leave behind a rough and dry skin.
- (7)Some shampoos could also cause your scalp and skin to dry out.
- (8)Some Health conditions including Thyroid Problems like hypothyroidism causes a reduction in the activity of your sweat glands and oil glands, which in turn could lead to dry and rough skin.
- (9)Deficiency of some minerals and vitamins also result in rough and dry skin.
- (10)Deficiency of vitamin A,C and E results in Rough,dry,scaly and wrinkled skin.
Home Remedies For Dry Skin:
- (1)Prepare a fine mixture by adding 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of orange juice,1 teaspoon of olive oil, few drops of rose water and some drops of lime juice. Mix them well then apply this prepared mixture on the face in the morning 15 minutes before taking bath. This is very useful home remedy for dry skin.
- (2)Mash half an avocado and mix it with a few drops of fresh lime juice and apply this paste over the cleansed skin. After 15 to 20 minutes Wash the skin with slightly warm water. This is also effective home remedy for dry skin.
- (3)Mash a ripe banana and apply it on the face and neck. Leave it for sometime and then wash the face and neck with slightly warm water.
- (4)Mix 2 to 5 tablespoons of raw peanuts with milk and make a fine paste. Add 1/2 teaspoon of honey to this paste. Apply this paste on face. Leave this paste to dry. After 15 to 20 minutes wash with cold water. This is another useful home remedy for dry skin.
- (5)Mix 1/2 teaspoon honey with the yolk of an egg and one tablespoon dried out milk powder. Mix into a paste and apply on your face. Let it stay on face for 15 to 20 minutes then remove with water. One of the good home remedies for dry skin.
- (6)Mask with Banana,Honey and Yogurt is also very effective for nourishment and moisturizing of dry skin. For this mask you will need two bananas, one tablespoon of honey and half a cup of yogurt. Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until becomes homogeneous.Apply the mixture on the skin and wait for 20 minutes, until it dries. Remove it with warm water. Yogurt not only hydrate and soften your dry skin, it will also exfoliate your skin, removing dead skin cells
- (7)Mix two tablespoons of honey with two teaspoons of milk. Apply the sticky mixture to your face, and leave on for ten to fifteen minutes. Then rinse off with warm water.
Some Precautions and Useful Tips for Dry Skin:-->
- (1)Avoid intake of Alcohol and caffeine.
- (2)Limit the amount of time you spend while bathing and reduce the temperature of your bath water, as these factors remove the natural oil from your skin.
- (3)Avoid rubbing your skin vigorously after a shower, as it damages your skin and causes it to dry up. Instead, after a shower pat your skin dry gently soft towel.
- (4)After bath try to apply a good moisturizer on your skin.
- (5)Avoid Certain fabrics like wool and polyester because they can irritate your skin, leading to dryness, itching, and so on.
- (6)Try to use fabrics like cotton and silk because they allow your skin to breathe and therefore are good for the health of your skin.