12 Home Remedies to Cure Dark Lips
1. Almonds and Milk
Take 2 almonds and soak them in water overnight. In the morning remove their skin and grind them to make fine paste. Add one tablespoon of milk and make a thick paste.Now apply this paste on your lips. Massage your lips with this paste. Let it stay on your lips for 10-15 minutes then rinse off with cold water.This is one of the best home remedy to get natural pink lips.
2. Lime Juice and Almond Oil
Mix equal quantities of lime juice and almond oil. Apply it on your lips everyday and when it gets dries then wash with cold water. This simple home remedy is very beneficial to lighten sun tanned dark lips.
3. Lemon and Sugar
Take a thin slice of lemon or lime and sprinkle a little sugar on it then rub it on your lips daily.Sugar is best for exfoliating dead skin cells and Lemon is a natural bleaching agent and help to lighten sun tanned dark lips.
4. Turmeric Powder and Milk Cream
Mix a pinch of turmeric powder in one teaspoon of cold milk or milk cream and massage your lips with this paste every day for 3-5 minutes. This will help a lot to give you smooth and glowing lips.
5. Yogurt and Lime Juice
Take one teaspoon of yogurt and add few drops of lime or lemon juice. Now apply this mixture on your lips. Let it stay for few minutes then rinse off with cold water.
6. Lemon Juice and Glycerine
Make a mixture of lemon juice and glycerin and apply this to your lips. Regular application will show you best results within few days.
7. Almond Oil, Honey and Sugar
You can also make a natural lip scrub by using almond oil, honey and sugar.This scrub not only remove dead skin cells but also help a lot to give you smooth and glowing lips.
8. Beetroot and Glycerine
Take a slice of beetroot(chuqandar) and rub it on your lips before going to sleep. You can also apply a mixture of beetroot juice and glycerin on your lips.Regular application will show you excellent result within few days.
9. Rose Petals and Milk Cream
Crush four or five petals of red rose and coat the paste on the lips. Apart from pink glow, it will also give smoothness to the lips. Apply every day, 2-3 times. You can make a lip balm too, by mixing crushed rose petals with milk cream. Mix it thoroughly and Apply it on the lips for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off. You will get soft, smooth and pink lips.
10. Lemon Juice and Honey
Mix few drops of lemon juice with honey and apply this mixture on your lips for 10-15 minutes. Regular application will show you best results within few days.
11. Tomato Juice
Application of tomato paste is also considered very beneficial in getting rid of dark lips. Apply Tomato paste on your Lips, it will help to give you glowing soft and pink lips.
12. Tooth Brush
Gently exfoliate your lips with help of toothbrush. After exfoliation apply honey or butter on your lips to get soft and glowing pink lips.
Some Precautions and Useful Tips For Lips Care
- (i)Never exfoliate cracked lips. First cure them by using a good natural lip balm then use a good lip scrub for exfoliation. After exfoliation never forget to apply a good lip balm to keep them soft.
- (ii)Avoid smoking and excessive intake of caffeine or coffee.
- (iii)Before going to sleep remove lip stick and rub your lips with ice cubes for few minutes.
- (iv)Before going out use a lipstick with sunscreen because UV Sun rays increase the production of melanin pigment which turn your lips dark.
- (v)Before going to sleep apply almond oil, butter or simply slightly warm ghee(Oil) on your lips. Ghee(Oil) acts as natural balm.