Now a days, various face toners are available in the market. According to your skin type (oily, dry, combination or sensitive skin) you can choose the one. However, instead of wasting money on commercial chemical toners, let's have a look on natural ways to make natural skin toners even at home.
Best Natural Homemade Skin Toner
1. Egg White Lemon Juice and Honey
Take 1 egg white,1 teaspoon fresh Lemon juice and 1 teaspoon organic honey. Mix them well to form a thick paste now apply this on your face and neck and leave on for 10-15 minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water then with splash of cold water.
2. Cucumber Juice and Honey
Take 1 medium peeled Cucumber and grind it until it become thick liquid paste. Now strain it to get its juice. Now mix this cucumber juice with 2 teaspoons dark organic Honey. Apply this on your face and neck and let it stay for 5-10 minutes then rinse off with fresh water.
3. Tomato Juice and Honey
Take 3 tablespoons fresh Tomato juice and 1 teaspoon dark organic Honey. Mix them well to form a thick paste. Now apply this on your face and neck leave it on for 10-15 minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water then with splash of cold water.
4. Papaya and Apple Cider Vinegar
Take 1 fresh ripe Papaya. Peel the papaya, take out the seeds and cut it into small pieces. Now put these in a food processor or grinder to form a thick paste. Now add 4 tablespoons Apple cider Vinegar and blend them well then apply this paste on your face and neck. You can also store this in refrigerator for future use and can use it for few days.
5. Mint Leaves, Cucumber, Carrot and Lemon Juice
Take 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves and add some boiling to make a strong cup of tea. Then strain it and let it cool down. Now add 4 tablespoons Cucumber juice, 2 tablespoons Carrot juice, and 1 fresh Lemon juice. Now mix them all and apply on your face and neck. You can also freeze this mixture in from of small ice cubes. Whenever you need you can use 1 or 2 ice cubes and gently rub on your face and neck. Let the ice cube liquid stay on your face for 3-5 minutes then rinse off with fresh water.
6. Aloe Vera gel and Lime Juice
Take 2 tablespoons Aloe vera gel and 1 teaspoon Lime juice. Mix them well to make thick paste now apply this on your face and neck.Let it stay for few minutes then rinse off with fresh water.
7. Oatmeal Paste with Yogurt, lemon and Olive oil
Take 2 tablespoons finely ground oatmeal, 4 tablespoons plain yogurt, 1 tablespoons lemon juice ,1 tablespoon chopped parsley and 1 teaspoon olive oil.Mix them all to make a thick paste.Apply this on your face and neck.Leave it for few minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water then with splash of cold water.
8. Cucumber and Yogurt
Take 1 small peeled Cucumber and grind it until it become thick liquid paste. Add 1/2 cup Plain unflavored Yogurt. Mix them well to make thick paste. Now apply this on your face and neck. Let it stay for 5-10 minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water and then with cold water to close skin pores.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar Solution
Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of distilled water. Apply on your face and neck with help of a cotton ball. Leave it on for 5-10 minutes and then rinse with cold water.This is perfect for oily skin.
10. Rose water
Rosewater is one of the best and simplest natural skin toner that not only tones your skin but also helps to balance the pH level of your skin. Rosewater is perfect toner for dry to sensitive skin.
Some Preventions and useful tips for Skin Toner
- (i)Never apply toner on dirty skin. First deeply cleanse your skin then according to your skin apply a good facial toner.For dry to sensitive skin use a mild and alcohol free facial toner.
- (ii) As skin tolerance and sensitivity of every person is different so before applying any facial toner first of all make a small patch test on small skin area and wait for few moments, if it create any allergic or irritating effect then immediately remove it and rinse off with cold water and avoid this in future.
- (iii)Before applying any toner wash your face with lukewarm water to open skin pores then pat dry your skin.
- (iv)Finally apply a suitable skin toner on your skin and leave it on for few minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water and then with cold water to close skin pores and Pat dry your skin with help of soft and clean towel.