Causes of Thin Semen
- Low sperm count
- Hormonal imbalance
- Lack of Fructose
- Poor diet plan (Nutritional Deficiency)
- Excessive Sexual activity or Intercourse
- Frequent Masturbation
- Alcohol Consumption
- Drug abuse
If you ejaculate often then your testicles can't regenerate enough sperms in short time after the first ejaculation. This may also lead to thin and water semen. However you can cure this problem by following some natural home remedies which are given below:
10 Home Remedies For Thin and Watery Semen
1. Fructose Rich Foods
As Fructose is one of the main component of semen so a diet poor in fructose may result in thinning of semen. You can replenish your fructose deficiency by eating food rich in carbohydrates. Fruits and vegetables are rich source of fructose so try to include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet plan. Apple, berries, pears, grapes, dates, guava, mango, pineapple and watermelon and rich sources of fructose. Cucumber, cabbage, tomato, lettuce and onions are good sources of fructose.
2. Dried Dates and Milk
Soak 5-7 dry dates(chhuhara) in milk for 2-3 hours or until they become soft. Eat them with milk daily to cure thinning of semen. Dates are excellent source of carbohydrates and dietary fibers. They also contain a good amount of Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5 and small amount of Vitamin A1. Dates(khajur) not only improve overall energy level but also increase sexual stamina and help to make your semen dense.
3. Zinc Rich Foods
Sometimes zinc deficiency also cause thinning of semen. Oyster, lamb(mutton), almonds, peanuts, pine nuts(chilgoza), cashews and sunflower seeds are good sources of Zinc.
4. Selenium Rich Foods
Selenium is also essential for proper thickening of semen. Brazil Nuts, Sunflower Seeds, Fish(salmon, sardines and tuna), Oyster, Lamb(mutton),chicken,eggs,wheat germ, barley, brown rice, oats and onion are good sources of selenium.
5. Vitamin C Rich Foods
Sometimes deficiency of vitamin C may also lead to thinning of semen. Increase your intake of Foods rich in Vitamins C. Oranges, tangerines, limes, guava, lemons, papayas, strawberries, black currants, grapefruit and mangoes, collard greens, green and red peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, brussel sprouts, cabbage, potatoes, kale, spinach(palak), and watercress are good natural food sources of Vitamin C.
6. Vitamin E Rich Foods
Vitamin E Rich Foods are also important to cure the problem of thin and watery semen. Many natural oils including olive oil, sesame, sunflower, safflower, soybean, peanut, and corn are naturally rich sources of Vitamin E. Some nuts and seeds also contain good amount of Vitamin E. Almonds, walnuts, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds are excellent examples of Vitamin E rich nuts and seeds. Butter, margarine, eggs, wheat germ, wheat germ oil, soya, yams, corn and fortified cereals are other good sources. Some green vegetables like spinach and broccoli also contain good amount of Vitamin E. Avocados, mangoes and sweet potatoes are also good sources of Vitamin E.
7. Vitamin B12 Rich Foods
Deficiency of Vitamin B12 may also lead to thin and watery semen. Try to eat foods rich in Vitamin B12. Liver, kidney, yogurt, cheese, eggs, dairy products, nonfat dry milk, fish, clams, oysters, salmon and sardines are good sources of Vitamin B12.
8. Reduce your Stress Level
Reduce your stress level because stress is also responsible for hormonal imbalance and cause thinning of semen. You can reduce your stress level by regular practice of yoga or meditation.
9. Regular Exercise Along with Healthy Foods
Exercise is important to strengthen the body muscles and and adequate production of semen. Regular exercise not only helps to overcome the problem of thin semen but also helps to reduce your overall stress level. After exercise don't forget to fuel your body with healthy foods including fresh fruits and vegetables otherwise fructose deficiency may further lead to thinning of semen.
10. Proper Sleep
Proper and uninterrupted sleep of 6-8 hours is essential for healthy brain because only a healthy brain is able to release a balanced amount of sex hormones for proper thickening of semen.
Some Precautions and Useful Tips
- (i)If you are a diabetic patient fructose rich food are hazardous to you so avoid consuming them before consulting a doctor.
- (ii)Avoid Masturbation because the men who indulge in over masturbation start producing poor quality semen due to weakness of muscles. Testes require 48-72 hours to replenish sperms that`s why daily masturbation or ejaculation not only reduces the amount of semen available for each ejaculation but also reduce sperm count in semen and hence results in thinning of semen.
- (iii)Maintain a gap of 3 days between two consecutive ejaculations. More times you ejaculate, the less dense your semen will be because daily ejaculation reduces the amount of semen available during each ejaculation. So for dense semen and healthy sperms have sex with your partner at least after 2 or 3 days.
- (iv)Avoid Smoking because it not only damage blood vessels but also restrict the oxygen supply to blood and decrease sperm production and also decrease their life span.
- (v)Avoid alcohol because it affects your liver function, which, in turn disturb hormonal levels. Even two drinks a day will have long term effects on sperm production.So strictly avoid alcohol intake.
- (vi)Avoid hot baths because over heating is dangerous for sperms.
- (vii)If you don't get rid of thinning of semen by using above remedies then don't rely only on these home remedies and consult your problems with doctor because sometimes thinning of semen may be a cause of an other underlying sexual disease.