Causes of Anemia:
Symptoms Of Anemia:
- Inadequate diet
- Inadequate intake of iron, vitamins and proteins
- Lack of Vitamin B12
- Intestinal parasites or worms
- Food not being absorbed properly
- Chemotherapy drugs
- Diseases of the bone marrow
- Liver disease
- Lack of energy
- Dryness in the mouth and throat
- Dull and tired-looking eyes
- Cold hands and feet
- Being intolerant of cold temperatures
- Rapid pulse
- Shortness of breath
- Burning sensation in the tongue
- Slow healing of wounds
- Sores at the corners of lips
Anemia has many types but the most common type is iron deficiency anemia that can be treated at home simply by following some Home remedies which are given below:
Home Remedies to Treat Iron Deficiency Anemia:
(1)First of all you need to make a proper diet containing Iron-Rich Foods. Red meat, organ meat such as kidney and livers, beans, lentils, brown rice, dark green leafy vegetables, such as spinach and kale, dried prunes, dried raisins, dates, pomegranate and egg yolks are excellent sources of Iron.
(2)Sometimes your body is getting enough iron but unable to absorb iron. Therefore, Vitamin C is recommended for proper absorption of iron. Along with iron rich foods don't forget to consume Vitamin C rich foods. Natural Important sources of Vitamin C are oranges, tangerines, limes, guava, lemons, papayas, strawberries, grapefruit pomegranate and mangoes. Many vegetables contain Vitamin C including collard greens, brussel sprouts, cabbage, potatoes, kale, spinach(palak), green and red peppers, broccoli, tomatoes and watercress. To preserve more of the Vitamin C content, eat these fruits and vegetables raw or only slightly cooked. Steam and exposure to light break down this vitamin.
(3)Vitamin B12 is very helpful in curing anemia. Liver, kidney, yogurt, cheese, eggs, dairy products, nonfat dry milk, fish, clams, oysters, salmon and sardines are good sources of Vitamin B-12.
(4)Folate (Vitamin B-9) Rich foods also considered very effective to treat anemia. Green leafy vegetables such as spinach and asparagus are wonderful sources of Folic Acid(Vitamin B-9). Organ meats including liver and kidney also contain ample amounts of Vitamin B9. Nuts, beans and legumes, shellfish, poultry, whole grains, citrus fruits, fruit juices and yeast are also good sources of Vitamin B-9.
(5)Consumption of a ripe banana; mashed and mixed with a tablespoon of honey, helps a lot in treatment of anemia.
(6)Take 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.Mix them well and consume on daily basis to treat anemia.
(7)Figs(Anjeer) also work wonderfully to treat anemia. Eat 3-4 figs daily to treat anemia.
(8)Consumption of beetroot(chuqandar), as a cooked vegetable or in salad, is one of the best home remedies for anemia. Beetroot juice is also considered very effective to cure anemia.
- (1)Avoid drinking coffee, tea and all caffeine containing foods because they decrease iron absorption.
- (2)Avoid Alcohol it can further drop your hemoglobin level.
- (3)Avoid all foods containing high amount of gluten because it creates a hindrance in iron absorption. Avoid white refined flour and also avoid all products containing gluten.
- (4)Avoid consuming calcium-rich dairy products with iron-rich foods because the calcium in them reduces the absorption of iron. Maintain a proper eating gap of at least 2-3 hours between dairy products and iron-rich foods.