Best Vitamins To Reduce Melanin Production
When we talk about melanin reducing Vitamins, Vitamin C is at the top of the list.The ascorbic acid contained in Vitamin C is a tyrosinase inhibitor; it reduces melanin production and encourages cellular renewal through exfoliation.As a powerful anti-oxidant, vitamin C can protect the skin from the sun's ultra violet rays and slow down photo aging.
Natural Sources of Vitamin C
Oranges, tangerines, limes, guava, lemons, papayas, strawberries, black currants, grapefruit and mangoes are excellent sources of Vitamin C. Many vegetables contain Vitamin C including collard greens, green and red peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, brussel sprouts, cabbage, potatoes, kale, spinach(palak), and watercress.
Vitamin A is also known as retinol.Though vitamin A does not penetrate and eliminate melanin, it stimulates growth of epidermal cells. Thus, the hyper pigmented and darkened skin is replaced by new skin cells.(Women who are pregnant or plan to become pregnant should avoid this product; Vitamin A has been known to cause birth defects)
Natural Sources of Vitamin A
Dark green and yellow vegetables and yellow fruits, such as broccoli spinach, turnip greens, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, cantaloupe, and apricots are good sources of Vitamin A. Milk, butter, cheese, and whole eggs are also good sources of Vitamin A.
Vitamin E is best known for curing all kinds of skin problems. Though Vitamin E has no direct role in inhibiting melanin pigment production but it helps the skin to fight against the melanin and recover fast. Due to extremely strong anti-oxidant property of Vitamin E, this vitamin destroy free radicals that accelerate skin problems. Vitamin E exfoliates hyper-pigmented dead skin layers thus the damaged and pigmented cells are constantly removed to give way to new and healthy skin cells.
Natural Sources of Vitamin E
Sweet potatoes, mangoes, butter, margarine, eggs, wheat germ oil, soya, yams, spinach, broccoli, corn, avocados, fortified cereals and liver are good sources of Vitamin E. Nuts also contain sufficient levels of Vitamin E making walnuts, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds and almonds excellent snack foods.
Skin discolorations, caused by leaky or ruptured capillaries, can be cured with help of Vitamin K. This Vitamin absorb directly into the capillaries and helps in healing bruises. Vitamin K also helps in curing dark circles under eyes.
Kale, spinach(palak), parsley(Ajwain Kharasani ), turnip greens, mustard greens, collard greens, dried basil, Romaine lettuce, Swiss chard, broccoli, brussels sprouts, asparagus, green beans, cauliflower, tomatoes, cabbage, celery, kelp, black pepper, cloves(long), carrots(gajar), green peas, bell peppers and summer squash, kidney beans, strawberries, pears, papaya, pumpkin seeds, corn, oats and alfalfa are good sources of Vitamin K.
Some Precautions and Important Tips
- (i)Avoid over direct exposure to UV Sun rays.
- (ii)Before going out never forget to apply a good sun screen.
- (iii)If you are not getting the required amount of above Vitamins, consult with a Doctor. He/she will prescribe you best Vitamin Supplements. Avoid over dose of any vitamin, it can cause harmful effects.
- (iv)Sometimes excessive production of melanin may be a sign of an other medical condition. Therefore, first of all you must consult your problem with a Medical Doctor or Dermatologist and diagnose the exact cause for excessive production of melanin.
- (v)If the excessive production of melanin is not caused by any disease or hormonal imbalance and the exact cause is "Over exposure to UV Sun rays" then to reduce Melanin production you can take above vitamins according to recommended daily doses prescribed by Doctor.