Under eye wrinkles is a common skin problem of aged people but young people may also face this problem due to many reasons. Before we proceed to natural remedies to cure the problem of under-eye wrinkles, first you must be aware by some common causes and reasons behind premature under-eye wrinkles.
Causes for Premature Under Eye Wrinkles
- Early Aging
- Poor Diet
- Harmful Effects of UV Sun rays
- Lack of Skin Elasticity
- Lack of Skin Moisture
- Lack of Sleep
- Lack Of Exercise/Poor Blood Circulation
- Excessive Smoking/Drinking
Best Home Remedies To Cure Under Wrinkles and Fine Lines
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is considered very effective to cure under eye wrinkles and fine lines. Gentle massaging of coconut oil on under eye wrinkles will definitely help you to cure this problem. Continue using coconut oil on a regular basis to prevent under eye fine lines and wrinkles from coming back in the future.
Castor oil has been shown excellent result in curing the problem of under eye wrinkles and fine lines. Apply and massage a few drops of castor oil to under your eyes in the evening after cleansing. This will help keep the under eye skin smoother, more flexible and decrease fine lines and wrinkles. You should repeat this treatment 1 to 2 times weekly after under eye fine lines and wrinkles have diminished to keep under eye fine lines and wrinkles from redeveloping.
3. Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E can also help decrease and prevent under eye wrinkles and fine lines. Vitamin E is an antioxidant and the oil is very thick, so it hydrates dry epidermis very well. Vitamin E will deeply penetrate your epidermis with powerful anti-oxidants and will lubricate the gentle eye place, help wrinkles appear less recognizable, and help prevent the development of new wrinkles and fine lines. Each evening before going to bed, squeeze the liquid out from the vitamin E capsule and smear it under your eye where you see the fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Grape Seed Oil
Grape seed oil has skin moisturizing and nourishing properties. It is especially efficient for maintenance of the epidermis around the eyes and prevents wrinkles. This oil combat wrinkles and rejuvenate the epidermis. Grape see oil is full of anti-oxidants such as proanthocyanidins, which help in reversing the loss of growing older. This is the main reason why many women use grape seed oil to cure wrinkles. If applied on dry epidermis, it keeps the epidermis moisturized, and as everybody knows, moisturized epidermis is less likely to get fine lines and wrinkles than a dry one.
5. Rose Water
You can also dip cotton balls in rose water and place them on the fine lines and wrinkles. This will assist a lot in rejuvenating your skin under your eyes. Regular application will give you an excellent result within few days.
6. Pineapple Juice
You may rub pineapple juice under the eyes and let it stay for about 20 minutes to diminish fine lines and wrinkles under eyes at young age. The fruit has a bromelain. It is a natural form of alpha-hyroxy acid, which is proven to prevent and cure under eye wrinkles and fine lines.
Cucumber also help a lot to cure the problem of under eye fine lines and wrinkles. Put cucumber slices on your eyelids for 15-20 minutes. Instead of cucumber slices you can also apply cucumber pulp on affected areas for same time period. Cucumber juice removes eye wrinkles and dark circles under eyes. It naturally hydrates the skin. It contains vitamin C as well as Caffeic acid. It helps to build collagen and elastin. It also protects the skin cell from the UV rays of the sun.
8. Warm Milk and Brown Sugar
Mix some brown sugar with some warm milk, and then let it cool. Applying this mixture on the fine lines and wrinkles under your eyes is considered very effective in minimizing their appearance and cleaning the skin surface as well. For best results, repeat this process twice a week.
9. Orange Juice
You can also use fresh orange juice for decreasing the fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. Dip a cotton swab in fresh orange juice and use around them twice daily, morning and in the evening. Make sure you do not get the orange juice in your eye. After regular application of orange juice around your eyes, you will find a remarkable decrease in fine lines and wrinkles.
10. Honey, Egg White and Lemon Mask
Take half teaspoon of honey and mix with some egg white and few drops of lemon juice. This is a wonderful mask to tighten skin and minimize fine lines and wrinkles around eyes. Simply apply this mask around your eyes, and once it dries, gently wash off with clean water.
Some Preventions to Prevent Premature Wrinkles
- (i)Avoid drinking excessive alcohol and smoking because both are detrimental to your skin and health and cause premature aging.
- (ii)Don't forget to apply a good sunscreen before going out and Screen the harmful sun's rays. Protect yourself from sun by using a pair of sunglasses.
- (iii)Drink plenty of water every day to prevent dehydration.
- (iv)Don’t use much powder under your eyes, it will over dry the skin.
- (v)Try to stay away from pollution because pollutants in the air may deplete the amount of vitamin E in the skin. Vitamin E is an important antioxidant necessary for maintaining smooth and wrinkle free skin.
- (vi)Take a diet that helps to tighten the loose skin under eyes and reduce eye wrinkles. The delicate skin of the eyes gets damaged by collagen breakdown as a result eye bags and wrinkles are formed around the eyes. Greens, sprouts, fish, egg, lean meat, low fat dairy products, olive oil and olives, avocados, papaya, all types of berries(strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc) citrus fruits(lemon, orange etc) and nuts(almonds, walnuts, pistachios etc) help to protect the skin from aging and make it wrinkle free, firm and tight.
- (vii)Adopt a habit of regular exercise. A lack of exercise can slow down proper blood circulation and reduce the amount of oxygen to the skin. This in turn leads to wrinkles and faster aging.
- (viii)Get at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.