Dry skin is more vulnerable to wrinkles and fine lines. That's why it really needs proper nourishment and regular moisturizaion. However, if you have dry, dull or scaly skin but don't have enough budget for buying expensive commercial products then simply go with less expensive and more effective natural home remedies for treatment of dry skin. Let's have a look on some best homemade face masks for dry skin.
10 Best Facial Masks For Dry Skin
Facial Mask with honey, sunflower oil and egg is considered best for dry skin.You only need one egg, one teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of sunflower oil. Mix the whites until they thicken, add honey and oil. Apply it on face for 15 minutes than wash your face with warm water.
2. Facial Mask with Banana, Honey and Yogurt
Facial Mask with Banana, Honey and Yogurt is also very effective for nourishment and moisturizing of dry skin. For this one you will need two bananas, one tablespoon of honey and half a cup of yogurt. Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until becomes homogeneous.Apply the mixture on the skin and wait for 20 minutes, until it dries. Remove it with lukewarm water. Yogurt not only hydrate and soften your dry skin, it will also exfoliate your skin, removing dead skin cells.
3. Face Mask with Honey and Milk
For more quick and simple facial mask for your dry skin, mix two tablespoons of honey with two teaspoons of milk. Apply the sticky mixture to your face, and leave on for ten to fifteen minutes. Then rinse off with warm water.
4. Aloe vera and Cucumber Face Mask
Take 2 tablespoons Aloe Vera gel and 1/2 Cucumber. Peel the cucumber, take out the seeds and cut it in pieces. Put the cucumber pieces together with the aloe vera in a food processor and blend them until you have a nice smooth paste.Apply this paste on your face and neck and leave it for 30 minutes.Finally wash it off with cold water and pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
5. Watermelon, Banana, Papaya and Milk Cream Mask
Take 1/2 Watermelon, 2 small pieces of Papaya,1 Banana, a little Milk Cream. Then mix the watermelon, papaya, banana and cream into a paste.Take some steam to open your skin pores then apply the mask on face and gently massage. Keep for 15-20 minutes then wash with cold water.
6. Cucumber Juice
Apply the juice from cucumbers on your face with a cotton swab for 20 minutes.Cucumber juice is great for moisturizing and softening the skin. If the skin is too dry, add one tablespoon of almond oil at 250 ml cucumber juice, shake well then apply on skin and gently massage then leave it for about 45 minutes then wash with chamomile tea or plain water.
7. Strawberry and Sour Cream Mask
Mash one strawberry and mix with sour cream; apply the mixture on your face, neck then after 30 minutes remove it with rainwater or simply fresh water.
8. Lemon, egg yolks and Honey Mask
Another effective mask can be made from the juice squeezed from one or two lemons mixed with egg yolk and also add a teaspoon of honey. Apply this mask on your skin for 15-20 minutes then rinse off with rainwater or fresh water.
9. Rosewater, Milk cream and Turmeric Mask
Take 1/2 tablespoon Rosewater,1 table spoon of thick Milk Cream, a pinch Turmeric Powder and mix well then apply on your face and neck. After about half an hour remove it with slightly warm water.This is one of the best home made facial mask for dry skin and give you soft and glowing skin.
10. Avocado and Yogurt Mask
Prepare a Facial mask with Avocado and Yogurt. Avocado contains vitamin E, as well as other natural oils and is a great moisturizer for dry skin.Yogurt is best for exfoliation and smoothness of your skin. Take a ripe avocado, peeled and seeded, in a blender or food processor with four tablespoons of plain yogurt. Blend them well then gently apply on your face and neck.After 15 minutes remove it with slightly warm water.
Some Precautions and Useful Tips for Facial Masks
- (i) First of all before applying any facial mask clean your face and neck with fresh water.
- (ii) Remove all cosmetics, creams, lotions even everything. For this purpose use a non abrasive and good quality beauty soap. After washing your face, pat your skin dry.
- (iii) It is much better to take a hot shower or a steam bath to clean and open up your pores.
- (iv) Before applying any facial mask first take a Patch Test on little area of your skin and wait for 10 to 15 minutes if it creates itching or allergic effect then immediately remove it from skin and avoid this mask.
- (v) When you have applied the face mask then make sure you take your time to lie down, place a towel under your head and neck. Put 2 cucumber slices on your eyes or use 2 cotton pads soaked in rose or lavender water
- (vi)You shouldn't leave a facial mask on any longer than instructed.After recommended time period immediately remove it from your face.
- (vii) It is best to use a homemade facial mask immediately after you prepare it. However, if you have extra, you can keep most of these facial masks in the refrigerator for up to a week.But for best results always use freshly prepared facial mask.