Best Tips to Remove Tobacco Stains From Teeth
1. Baking Soda and Salt
Baking soda is considered very effective to remove tobacco stains. Make a mixture by taking equal amount of baking soda and salt. Apply the mixture directly to your teeth, making sure to avoid your gums. Then, wet your finger and rub the stains on your teeth for 2-3 minutes and then wash your teeth. Instead of finger you can also use a soft-bristled toothbrush to rub the stains. You will see a noticeable result even after first application. For best results repeat this cleaning method 2-3 times per week to avoid stain build-up.
2. Baking Soda and Lemon Juice
Mix 2 drops of lemon juice with a pinch of baking soda and apply this paste on tobacco stains. Gently brush the mixture onto teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Both lemon juice and baking soda are natural bleaching agents and help a lot to remove tobacco stains from teeth.
3. Baking Powder and Strawberries
To remove tobacco stains from teeth you can make a paste by mixing 2-3 strawberries together with 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder. Now with help of your regular toothbrush apply this paste on your teeth. Let it stay at least for 5 minutes and then rinse your mouth with water. Repeat this process thrice a week until you get the desired results.
Some Precautions and Useful Tips
- (i)Avoid excessive brushing with mixture of baking soda because abrasive and scrubbing properties of baking soda may damage your tooth enamel.
- (ii)After brushing with mixture of baking soda rinse your teeth with water and brush with fluoride toothpaste because brushing with fluoride toothpaste will remove the strong baking soda taste in your mouth.
- (iii)Tobacco is hazardous to health, So try to avoid it. Avoiding tobacco not only prevents from many lethal diseases but also stops further stain build-up.